Please Click on an ad If you Use this Blog.

It takes just a second and allows me to keep Blogging.
Don't forget to subscribe to our blog and win a free eBook given away every month.
Thank You

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Why Raspberries are my favorite

Why Raspberries are my favorite food!!

As a kid whenever I got a cold my mother or grandmother used to serve me canned raspberries that my grandfather and I had picked in ice cream buckets from 1 of about 7 secret patches.  Some days I'd eat so many raspberries that I'd just sleep in the sun, and after my grandfather had picked his bucket he would say to me, "Charles Michael, from the size of your belly, at least you didn't eat the bucket.  This blog will contain many recipes that are my favorite, a fair share of them use raspberries the perfect fruit.  As it turns out the raspberries that made me feel better as a kid contain the following reasons:

Raspberries. As an antioxidant food containing ellagic acid, raspberries help prevent unwanted damage to cell membranes and other structures in the body by neutralizing free radicals. Raspberries possess almost 50% higher antioxidant activity than strawberries, three times that of kiwis, and ten times the antioxidant activity of tomatoes.  Raspberries emerged from our nutrient ranking system as an excellent source of manganese and vitamin C, two critical antioxidant nutrients that help protect the body's tissue from oxygen-related damage. They also qualified as a good source of riboflavin, folate, niacin, magnesium, potassium and copper. Coupled with this strong B vitamin and mineral content, raspberries qualified as "excellent" in terms of dietary fiber. This combination of nutrients makes raspberries a great fruit choice for having minimal impact on blood sugars.

As I look back at my childhood, and remember all the times my mother had to look for me sleeping in the raspberry patch, she even installed a bell that rand so loud you could hear it for a 1/2 mile, I think I was destined to share nutrition advice that made be feel better, lose 100 pounds and become healthier.  As I write this post i just polished of a carton of Driscoll's only the Fines Berries. 

Raspberrries or Framboises my favorite.

Tomorrow one of my favorite raspberry tart recipes.

No comments:

Post a Comment